Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Rainy Day

I ordered my birthday present this morning-- a new 160 GB iPod!  It has already shipped and is supposed to be here tomorrow.  I used all the collective birthday monies from my aunt, Ornery's mom and Ornery.  I have been looking forward to upgrading for quite a while and had decided that was all I really wanted this year.  I should be able to load all my play lists on there now.

Ornery took me out to breakfast and on the way it started raining.  I had planned to go grocery shopping today, but decided to stay home instead--I was afraid I might melt in the rain! :)  We weren't really out of things so much as I need to do some cooking.  I will go in the morning and spend the day in the kitchen.

The rest of the day was pretty lazy. I had gotten a puzzle out that I bought at a flea market place for 50 cents and started working it last night.  It was only 500 pieces (well, actually only 496 come to find out) but they were about 1/2 the usual size and there was a lot of snow in the picture.  The reason I bought it was to use it in some craft projects, but it needed to be worked before I could use it for that.  I was wanting little groups put together and some pieces missing.  It took me a long time last night just to get the edge done, and from 7:00 to 1:00 today to finish the rest of it.  That was over twice the time a puzzle with that many pieces usually takes me.

Elizabeth ordered for me a beautiful custom made pitcher from a potter she found on etsy.  It won't arrive for several weeks, but I am very excited. I have never seen the glaze colors they use before and fell in love with them. I am thinking of ordering something else from them myself.  Rumor has it a lunch at the Olive Garden and a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory are in the plans for the weekend. Yum, yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.