It has been almost 9 months since we moved into Zoe Cottage, and I think I have had about that many arrangements in my studio! This weekend I made the next step in making it really what I want. There will be at least one more rendition before it is complete, but not for a while since it will require pulling out the carpet, laying flooring and building in some work and storage spaces. However, this arrangement is actually pretty close to what I have in mind for the built in components so it will give me an idea of whether or not I will like it.
This is the newly painted wall that used to be purple and the fun little bunting I made last week. Each flag has some embellishment on it. I like it a lot. The room started out the day Saturday with everything in old spots, and ended the day with a new orange wall and a few pieces of furniture rearranged.
My table with the lamp Ornery affixed to the wall and my new 60 drawer chest filled with little doo-dads on the right. The project on the table is in progress and will be used as the photo on my new etsy banner. Once it is done and framed, I plan to hang it to the left of the lamp on the wall.
The chairs will be recovered and painted, the lamp needs a shade, but it is generally the set up I plan to have for now. The chairs are Elizabeth's so once she moves out I will need to make a different plan, but they work well for now. I had planned on a different chair but we couldn't get it through the door. Bummer!
This is a closer picture of the canvas I am working on. The little birds on the table will all be flying around the banner, and I am going to cut a fence out and add lots of flowers around it. Nothing is actually affixed to the canvas yet. I figure it will take me the rest of the week to get it done, but I am loving the way it is turning out so far. The paint on the background is the twinkling H2O water colors. The little hearts are made of polymer clay and sent from England--an etsy find that arrived Saturday in the mail.
I still have a bit of shuffling and organizing in there to do, but for the most part it is ready for creating!
Ornery and Elizabeth went on Saturday morning to the Commemorative Air Force work day at the Riverside/Jones Airport, then Elizabeth went to Philbrook with a friend and even grocery shopping for me! I spent the time they were away emptying and painting the studio. Ornery did the trim work for me in the afternoon.
Sunday morning we listened to a sermon and discussed it, Elizabeth started a new shawl and I wound several skeins of yarn into balls for her. Then she did her taxes and took her car to get the tires aired up and her reminder gauges reset while I fixed a pot of goulash.
Friday night I got an order from my etsy shop for the last yardstick airplane with a request for two more. We already had the yardsticks purchased, but hadn't cut or assembled any planes yet. That is the next project for Ornery. After he cuts them out, I will glue them together. Hopefully I will have two more finished and all three mailed by Wednesday.
My muse was quite active this weekend and I have compiled a lengthy list of projects I hope to work on in the coming days and weeks. I also need to start editing the next eBook--why I put this off so much I don't know, but it is a wonderful positive-procrastination motivator! Ornery and Elizabeth will continue working on the bathroom floor as well, and I may even get in there and paint the walls once he gets the baseboards removed.
Wednesday is Valentine's Day and I still need to make a card for my beloved. He has already purchased his, so the pressure is on for me to reciprocate! I plan to bake some cookies, but otherwise I don't think we will do much to celebrate, but he may surprise me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.