Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feathering my Nest

I had purchased a purple flower shaped clock at a thrift store in Ft. Walton Beach a while back for my studio.  I had it at Miller Manor and it went okay in that room, but after I painted the wall orange last week, I decided I needed something different.  I also had a bag of feathers in my stash that I really liked, so I decided to put them on the clock.  I just used some Fusion glue and layered the feathers on the surface.  Of course, there were feathers everywhere when I was done, but that's just what happens when you work with those!

I asked Elizabeth if she liked it and her reply was, "It's cute, but it doesn't really go in here.  It would look a lot better in my room, don't you think?"  Very slick... :)  It would go better in her room, so I may have to fish out another clock to embellish.  Not a problem, I think I have a few and I wouldn't really mind doing another.

Here it is on the wall.  This little corner still needs some work, but I did make this scrabble rack yesterday as well.  I painted it green then added a glitter glaze over the surface and added Swavorski crystals on the tiles. I am thinking about adding some flowers to the ends, but we'll see.


The day before I covered another rack with a scrap of fabric and spelled out Super TaDa. It is a joke around here that when I am exceptionally productive or I pull off a really good deed, I call myself Super TaDa.  :)

I uncovered another project I had sort of forgotten while cleaning up the studio yesterday, so I worked a bit more on it.

Nothing is glued down yet.  I don't know how much more embellishing it needs.  I don't want it to be too much, but I will play with it some more.  I plan to use 3D adhesive on the letters to make them stick out a bit.   It took quite a while to gather the letters then paint and glitter them. They were all different colors to start with, but you can't tell that now!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed all of your creations: the Makayla stuff is my favorite, only partly due to my love of pink and green in combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.