After lunch, Elizabeth baked a trial run of her cookies for the exchange, while Ornery helped her and kept her company. I made this little bunting from scraps of paper for the alcove outside my studio...
It goes on the other side as well, so you walk under it to go into the bathroom or the studio. The other side is a little higher so the linen closet door will clear it. I was pleased with the outcome. :)
Sunday we made a quick run to Home Depot--which ranks right up there with WalMart for my least favorite places to shop--to get some primer Mickie recommended for my end-table project. While there, we also picked up some dark brown paint for the little frames I plan to hang in the living room.
I painted them while Ornery cut out things on all three saws. He smiled at me and said, "It's a very good day when I get to use all three saws." First he cut the little houses I drew for him on some scraps. Then he made a taper jig for his table saw and then he worked on his bowls, but just as I shot this photo he realized he had forgotten to lock the base down and had ruined one set of the rings. :(
Here are the frames after I finished painting them. They are almost dry and then I will put all the glass and backs back on them and find pictures to frame. I have been collecting bird photos on my Pinterest board, have a few old pictures of flowers Ornery took a few years ago, and I hope to make a few other little things to put up with the framed pictures as well.
After I finished those, I sanded and put the first coat of paint on these little shelves. I asked my sister if it would be a sacrilege to paint them since they were oak, but she scoffed and told me to do anything I liked to them. I should have known, since she is the one who has been trying to convince me to paint the backs of my book shelves for years!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.