Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Updates and schedules

This little blog is almost five months old already! I thought it might like a bit of an update, so I changed a few things up today. I should have been doing a dozen other things, but it is what it is.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning to the beautiful sound of a gentle rain. We have been in need for some time, so I was grateful--so much in fact I just lay there and listened for quite some time!  Then we took our coffee out on the porch to enjoy the cool morning at about 5:00. It was delightful.

I spent the morning doing things like update my blog, call the insurance company to find out where our reimbursement checks were, then the doctor's office to ask them to resubmit claims. I also scheduled an oil change for the van, which is a few hundred miles overdue. We had a certificate for a free oil change service that expires the end of this month, so I made an appointment to take it in tomorrow.

At lunch the UPS man delivered my second order of baker's twine.  This is a serious bolt of thread!! It is only one ply, whereas the other was two, but it still has the festive red and white coloring and I am sure I will find all sorts of uses for it.  If you want some, let me know... I have plenty to share!!

After lunch, I scurried around and headed out to run errands--forgetting that today was Columbus Day so the post office was closed and I couldn't mail my packages. I drove all the way to the Post Office before discovering that fact, so I went to a little shop nearby on Main St. called Sew Flakes where I bought a little bundle of fat 16th's to make a crazy quilt stocking with. Cute shop, tons of cool fabrics (although some of it was quite spendy) and very nice people.  It was a delightful little outing.  Next was a stop for groceries, then home to cool off.

Tomorrow I have to go back to the PO, drop some stuff off at Goodwill (which I had meant to do after the PO today, but forgot in my shock of discovering the office closed) and get the oil changed: Ornery has an appointment to get a couple more fillings in his teeth.  So much for editing every day this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.