Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Little Houses

Today I made three more little houses.  The photos are taken with my phone, so the color is a little off, but you can get an idea of what they look like.
The roof on this is just a narrow piece of card stock I edge punched and scored to fold. Then I added a little metal corner by Tim Holtz to the peak. I love how the bird ribbon turned out so the birds were facing away from each other, and the flower ended up right in the middle.

This was my attempt at a log cabin.  The "logs" are cinnamon sticks.  I had a small scrap of very thin wood to use for the door (I attached it to a piece of chip board) and I used some feather trim off an old lamp shade to make the tree and add the "pine needles" across the front.  The roof is "tiles" made from mini dominoes.

I played around with this for a long time before I finally got it done. My favorite part is the door.

2 comments:

  1. They are all whimsical but my favorite is the third!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that one too. I like the first one because of the roof, but I think the third one turned out way better than I imagined it would. I love the whimsical aspect of these houses. Can't wait till the "neighborhood" on top of the armoire and book cases is all filled up. :)
    tm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.