Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kitchen Pictures

I think the kitchen is one of my favorite rooms in this house. I love the bookcase, the cool little open shelves above the stove to show off my fun orange ceramics, and of course the huge pantry. I also am quite fond of the pull out shelves that Dave installed for my pots and pans in one cupboard and Pyrex dishes in another one. My only complaint so far is that the hot water never really reaches the sink.  I take a dishpan to the laundry room and fill it with hot water to wash the dishes, but it hasn't been too onerous. At least the dishwasher cleans the ones I put in there.

This is the first view coming in from the garage.  The garage door is to my left from where I am standing, and the laundry room is directly behind me.  To the left of the stove, above the counter I have all my spices, below I have racks holding all my Pampered Chef stoneware and other baking pans. Nothing slides against anything else, so there is no more screeching as I pull out a bar pan!  To the right of the stove, below are all the pots and pans and above all the baking type supplies, such as mixing bowls, food choppers, etc.  I use that little section of counter more than any other.

This is from about the same spot as the first shot, only looking a little to the right.  You can see the edge of the cookbook case just left of the center of the photo. 

The bar area opens to the dining room, and the cabinet at the end of this set opens from both the end and the front. It is an odd shape, but pretty roomy. My tool box is down there. :)

Nice long counter top, but the far cupboards both on top and bottom are pretty much unreachable. I have scads of clear glass plates for entertaining stored down below, and the glasses (which we rarely ever use because we drink out of our Nalgene bottles) are in the upper cabinet. Next to that is plates and bowls, and the far right one has cups and all the small Pyrex dishes I use for storing soups and such in the freezer.

This is the view from the other entryway.  Directly behind me is the living room, to my left is the dining room and to my right is the hall to the bedrooms and front door.
It isn't very inspiring as far as the color goes, but I have plans to paint it green--there isn't a lot of wall space, but I think that will perk it up quite a bit. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful kitchen! I love the opening above the sink, so you can look through the dining room and out the window. So spacious and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.