Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend in Review: We Have a Bedroom Again!

The master bedroom is finally finished. We also have a lot of green paint on our clothes and skin... just sayin'.  We worked on it three different days, and I have to say that as pretty as those raised ceilings with crown molding are, they are a pain to paint!  The bed is made with new sheets and spread, the curtains are new, although I am pretty sure they are going back to the store--they don't look like the color in the package when the sun shines through them.  There are still many decorating opportunities, but at least we have the bedroom furniture out of the dining room!
The walls were baby blue and are now a spring green color--which seems to elude proper photographing! We finished the room at 9:00 PM!

Now that I can post some pictures, I will share some of my favorite little spots around Zoe Cottage as I set them up.The first thing I moved into was this cool little corner shelf in the kitchen, which is now home to all my cook books!

The ceilings in the kitchen are about 10 feet high, and the tops of the cabinets leave about 18 inches of wall exposed above.  I don't know that I will put anything up there, but it looks rather bare at the moment. I would take photos of the kitchen, but I can't seem to get it cleaned up! The picture is yellowish because the walls are a very pale gold and I took the picture without a flash.

Tomorrow before we leave for Daleville, AL, I hope to put the dining room to rights and clean up a bit. We haven't packed for the trip, still need to do some laundry, and have a ton of trash to haul to a dumpster somewhere before we leave. It will be a busy morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.