Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Friday

It may not seem significant to anyone but us, but I finally have all the kitchen boxes unpacked! I worked at it steady all day yesterday, and while there are still things waiting to be put away, even that pile isn't too bad.  I am waiting on Ornery to install the last little cabinet organizer to finish.  The first one for pots and pans was quite an undertaking, but this second one isn't quite as bad as it is only pull out wire shelves.  I would like to state for the record that I LOVE my pantry!  Wow!



The bedroom is still in its 1/2 primed state--no more progress on that front just yet. I imagine it will happen this weekend, then we can get all the master bedroom stuff out of the dining room and set up the table again. At least all the boxes are gone from the dining room now!

Today the water filter installation and dryer vent operation takes place, as well as the lawn service.  Ornery took a big load of boxes with him to work to drop off at lunch on his way home.  I will take him back after lunch so he can bring home the rental car. We leave on Monday and the rental agency is closed for the holiday that day.

On the list for today:  kitchen cleaned up, the floors vacuumed and the guest room set up in case Elizabeth decides to come over to help us out this weekend. Either way, it would be nice to have that room finished. Well, it will be done except for the curtains.  That room has the ugliest curtain rod in it I have ever seen, not to mention that it is hung crooked and curved in the middle! I plan to hang the curtains in that room that were in the master bedroom--a Waverly print with blue and yellow flowers--- but I need a new rod first...

After the lawn is finished, I will start hauling outdoor stuff from the garage to the back. I am hoping it doesn't rain today so we can get by on that side of the house, but if not, I guess I'll just be muddy! That is part of Operation Garage Clean-up.  We really want to have both cars inside while we are away.  There is a slim chance...

I'm glad it is Friday and we have a three day weekend, but I sure wonder where the rest of the week has gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.