Happy Memorial Day Weekend! It is hot (88) and breezy here, but at least it isn't storming like it often has in the past on this weekend.
I woke Ornery up this morning moving into my new pull out shelves in the kitchen--the last of the putting away in that room. :) I wasn't exactly quiet, but how can you move Pyrex dishes quietly? I made it up to him by fixing a pot of coffee--something we haven't done at home for a few months now--and then cooking breakfast.
The rest of the day we have spent working on various projects. First, Ornery emptied out one side of the garage for the Jeep, so it now fits inside next to the van. One can't move around it very easily, but it's in there! There are interesting arrangements inside now that he moved some of the stuff in from the garage, but it is all temporary. The grill, patio furniture and rockers are now in the back yard, and we enjoyed a few minutes rocking on our lovely covered patio.
While he worked on the garage, I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some more white poster frames for some of the flower posters I have had up for a while in cheap plastic frames. There is room for 5 posters along the hall wall, and I wanted to have them all in matching frames. Unfortunately, there were only 2 on the shelf, so we will have to wait on the last one until they get more in.
After lunch (and a nice nap!) I worked on unpacking more boxes--mostly things to hang on the wall--and Ornery started painting again in the master bedroom. I got the curio cabinet shelves all cleaned and installed, then unpacked all the glass that went inside. It really sparkles! There is a lot of organization and placement still to be done, but it is finally starting to come together.
(PS--Ornery's camera works with my computer, so I'll be posting photos again!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.