Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Directionally Challenged

I have never been one to notice my surroundings as far as the direction I should turn to return to my car in a parking lot or a place when I am visiting someone out of town.  It is one of the reasons I hate driving in an unfamiliar area--well, that and I just really don't care to drive, but that is beside the point.

We have been in and out of this hotel four times and I still have to read the signs outside the elevator to know where I am going.  All the halls look alike and I get a little panicky when I step off the elevator and notice that there are no significant indicators to tell me how to get out of the place.

Last year when we stayed for two weeks in Albuquerque we were on the ground floor, which helped somewhat, but from time to time I would still walk down the hall the wrong way and have to turn around and go all the way back the other direction.  It is frustrating, and somewhat embarrassing, especially when Ornery can go someplace one time and remember the directions forever more.

It's one more reason it is good for me to hang around with him.  He points me in the right direction all the time, and doesn't laugh (too loudly) when I start off in the wrong one.  He's a pretty good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.