Before we left home I did a search to find out if there were any Panera Bread cafe's in the area, and to my sorrow there was not. However, Ornery came home from work a couple days ago and told me there was one to open soon, but he didn't know the location.
Last night we went out to a used book store and on the way I screamed, "PANERA!!" There it was, in all it's green and gold glory right next to the road we were driving on and only about 3 miles from the hotel. Since we were in the wrong lane, we stopped back by there on the way home from the book store to program the coordinates into the GPS. There was a sign on the door that said, "Opening June 8th." We'll be there. :)
As for the book store, it was called Red House Books. From the outside, it appeared to be fairly small, but inside it was crammed with books, and I do mean crammed, floor to ceiling, with the narrowest little aisles and maze-like layout you could imagine! Wow! I asked the woman at the little desk at the front if there was a method to her madness--it truly was an insane looking conglomeration of reading materials piled helter-skelter on the shelves--and she told me how things were laid out. It was actually fairly logical once you got past the initial shock of how close everything was. The place was a claustrophobic's nightmare, but I put on the blinders and stayed in one little corner of the place gathering some reading material to keep me distracted while Ornery is working.
Ornery has been working lots of hours and as of this moment, thinks we will need to extend our stay here a few days at least, but he won't know for certain until later in the week. I am okay with the extension, at least we are together for part of the day, unlike how it would have been if I had stayed home. The hotel is certainly plenty comfortable and it is handy to lots of things, so I am content to be here as well as anywhere. While I would like to get our house set up, I can't imagine being away from my beloved for weeks at a time if I could be with him, and surprisingly, I have not been anxious to get back to all that work just yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.