Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just Hangin'

Last night Ornery brought the ladder and drill in to hang up a few things.
 First we hung the copper wind chimes outside the library door, which is next to the front door. These puppies are really long, but the ceiling is pretty high.  We hung them a little lower by using a copper hanger that we bought at Silver Dollar City last summer. We had talked about hanging them on the back porch, but even though it is sheltered, the chimes are really loud and we were afraid they would wake us up (or the neighbors!) This way they are out of the weather and add a little something to the entry way.

 While we were there with the drill, Ornery hung the door harp.  This is the third house we have hung it in!

 Next was the mobile, which looked small in the other house but appears twice as big as I remembered in this closer area. I am sure part of it is that it hangs lower here as the ceiling is only 10 feet instead of 13 as it was in the Miller Manor living room.  Finally, we hung the oak shelves  that Chuck's dad made all those years ago on the wall next to the curio cabinet. I don't know that I am happy with the arrangements on the shelves, but they will do for now, and it enabled me to clear off the dining room table!
We didn't hang anything in the studio last night, but I thought I would post a picture of my little set up. The door behind the artbin cart to the right of the table goes into the guest bathroom.  It opens into the other room and hits the entry door from the hall. Once we get everything all settled and are ready to tackle a big project, we plan to take this door out and close up the wall on both sides, then lay tile on the floor in both the bathroom and studio/office. I'll post more pictures after I finish putting it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.