Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pictures!

I took a few pictures yesterday afternoon to show that we really have been busy... The first three are the new library.  (You may remember the before pictures I posted here)




Now, here are a few pictures of the living room...



This is the view you first see when you walk into the room.

And, finally, a few pictures of the back yard 

See the poor grape vine in the pot? Not very happy. :(
LOVE this flagstone patio w/ pergola. It really does shade the living room.
We plan to screen in this little area this fall sometime.  It is a nice sized area and will easily accommodate a love seat and a table, which we hope to add in the future.  Meanwhile, it is a delightful spot to hang out when it is raining outside. 
Besides take pictures yesterday, I did a lot of work at my new "desk" (the old kitchen table!) taking care of the huge mess of papers that accumulated during and since the move. Most of them are happily ensconced in their appropriate places now, but I need to make a few file folders and refine my storage system a little bit. There were several business matters that needed tending: those are all caught up now, and that feels great.

Today I will work some more on the studio/office and pick up around the house. Thursday will be one month since we moved and it would be way cool to have everything put together in the house by then, although that seems a little ambitious. We still need to work some on the guest room and hang the mobile and wind-chimes, plus there is a pile of pictures I need to do something with--besides keep moving them from one room to another! The garage still needs a lot of work, but each day I have decided to do a little something out there to help it out. I know Ornery is pretty overwhelmed by the task.

Each day we get a little closer to finished, though, and after spending so many months in the mode of home repair/decorating and moving projects, I wonder how I will fill my days once we're done?!

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful little house! It has some similar features to your other house, and you've already made it look like your own. And that little covered patio is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.