We bought a pickup last night--the same one I wrote about. It is a 2007 Toyota Tundra and has 12, 260 miles on it! There are a few things wrong with it, but anything we find will be fixed within the first thirty days. After that we're on our own. I was shocked and amazed that Ornery got it in the garage, but he managed. It is really tall, and I have to work pretty hard to get up in it, but it is very nice, and my man is very happy. The salesman kindly asked if we wanted to have our photo taken with the heap for old times sake. No. We. Do. NOT. They gave us about 3 times as much for it in trade as we anticipated, and more than we paid for it, so we were happy!
Since my sister Mimi is not blogging at all anymore, I thought I would give a little update to the family about her latest endeavors... They are moving into a smaller house, and before they can move in they are having to redo all the plumbing, tile the floors, move some walls and repair some termite damage. They don't ever do things by halves and this is a typical Young project! The plumbing had to be redone because it was originally built with a faulty product that was recalled--unfortunately the contractor used it after the litigation requiring repayment for its use. It looks/sounds like a big job, but they are pretty excited about it and are making steady progress on the job.
I feel a little guilty about just painting a couple of rooms when they are practically rebuilding their house, but not TOO much. :) As for our house, I got the guest room mostly put together yesterday. All it lacks is to hang the new curtain rod and different curtains for now. We plan to paint in there later (it is a very dull gray/taupe color) and get a new spread, but we need to get the garage done first. We will begin on that today after Ornery puts the van back together with the new seat.
Good times shall be had by all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.