Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Slow Motion

I am so spoiled living in Tulsa (now Broken Arrow) to be right on the backbone of the information highway. Our internet at home is so fast to load it is almost instant.  I never pay much attention to the speed until I am away, and I don't know if it is the heat or just the location, but things here are moving as slow as cold molasses!  I am pretty sure if I had to wait that long at home I would not be doing much on the computer!

I finally started yesterday on the editing project I am doing for Impact Ministries.  I mentioned in another post that I was doing volunteer work for them as Dr. Richards is having all his message series transcribed to written form and publishing them in eBook format.  Well, I started out transcribing, but I only got one message done of the series that I was assigned.  I let them know early on that I was going to be preoccupied with the move for a few weeks, and planned to attack the project with gusto on June 1.

Meanwhile, someone in Canada has a corner on the speedy transcription work and they needed someone to edit.  As my readers here on the blog, you might be able to tell me whether that was a good thing for me to do or not, but I am willing, and as far as it goes, able.  I began yesterday on a four message series and have a little over one message formatted.  I am editing, formatting to their page size/style, and naming chapter titles, as well as filling in gaps where needed--sometimes he is repetitious and sometimes he offers partial sentences or thoughts. It is a time consuming project, and one I can certainly see why they might not want to pay an hourly wage to a professional editor to complete.  I can't work on it for too long at a time or my brain hurts, but if I let too much time pass between sessions, I forget and have to re-read what I have already done.  This four message series could be very time consuming!

The nice thing about doing the project is that I am getting more hands-on interaction with the material, most of which I have heard numerous times.  The series I am working on right now is called The Healing Power of Forgiveness.  I am much more of a kinesthetic learner than auditory, so this should be a great thing for me!

Ornery is working today and tomorrow, but I asked him if he would mind coming home a little early today so we could go out somewhere.  I have been in the hotel for two days and I think I might be needing a break. He concurred, although I have no idea what we will do when we go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.