So, yesterday we made some coffee and drank it while we started reading the book of John in The Message. We got a little bit of a late start, but spent an enjoyable time talking over some of the verses we read and marveling at God's generosity and kindness. What a blessed people we are!
Since we ran out of time, I fixed Ornery breakfast to go while he shaved. It was really a wonderful start to the day. After he left, I sat down to my own breakfast and made a schedule for the remaining items on my list for this week. I started right in on the day's items--
- wash the sheets
- move the bed away from the wall to hang pictures above it (with Ornery's help--that bed is really heavy!)
- paint the purple shelf in the garage red-- I wore about as much primer and red paint as I got on the shelf, but it certainly looks better than it did! I ran out of vinyl floor tiles to finish lining the shelves, but once it is finished it will look SO nice!
- list stuff on Craigslist. The shelves we took down from the garage were gone in 10 minutes, as was the old marker board we had hanging at Miller Manor for many years. We tried to find a home for it here, but it just didn't fit.
- picture hanging -- some in the hall needed rearranging, and I wanted to hang the three above the bed and some in the garage.
It took me all day, but I got it all done! I even managed a short little nap after lunch, but woke up when the lawn crew arrived to tame our jungle. I was a little surprised they were able to mow since it rained this morning--a wonderful dark-clouds-rumbling-skies-ground-drenching sort of rain. When Ornery came home, we ran a couple of errands--Lowe's for more tiles and WalMart for some plastic storage boxes. By the time we got home we didn't feel like working any more in the heat, so we migrated back to the library and enjoyed a quiet visit while watching the neighbor kids play with the cat.
Speaking of the cat, I have named him Trouble. (as in Here Come's Trouble!) He loves to sneak into the garage when the door is open, and yesterday after Ornery left for work I heard him meowing in there. Someone must be feeding him, because he doesn't look like he has ever missed a meal, but we are trying to discourage him from hanging out here.
Today is another busy day--after coffee and quiet time with my beloved. Hopefully, I'll get as much done today as I did yesterday!
Speaking of the cat, I have named him Trouble. (as in Here Come's Trouble!) He loves to sneak into the garage when the door is open, and yesterday after Ornery left for work I heard him meowing in there. Someone must be feeding him, because he doesn't look like he has ever missed a meal, but we are trying to discourage him from hanging out here.
Today is another busy day--after coffee and quiet time with my beloved. Hopefully, I'll get as much done today as I did yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.