Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

You GO, girl!

I am not sure what is required to motivate me to get up and busy some mornings and leaves me completely disinterested on others, but the energy was flowing this morning!  Ornery left at 6:00 and by 8:30 I had accomplished more than I have gotten done the whole rest of the week/month/year combined!  (I know, it is five days no matter which term I use...)

There were some niggling little details that had missed all the "to do" lists, and for some reason they became important today. I went through the box of CD jewel cases and discovered a handful that still contained the CD's so I put them in the player (which holds 200) but I was not able to program it like I have in the past (the remote control batteries were moldy). Even though the rest of the functions worked the input refused to cooperate. I fiddled with that project much longer than I ought to have before I finally gave up and just stuck the discs in the player and put the folders in the right slots in the little organizer booklets. Then I found a new home for the box of empty cases and straightened the puzzles (which have gotten a lot of use in the last month) and games.

It was fun listening to "new" music, since I hadn't heard several of those CD's in a long time... in fact there were two Newsboys albums I don't recall ever hearing! The stereo was blaring all day helping me keep my momentum going.

The leaves had congregated en masse beneath the rockers on the back porch and had been calling to me to gather them into the mulch pile, so I swept that all up and put some of the eye-sores that were sitting on the patio out of direct sight. Since the leaves had been piled up there a few had been tracked in, so I vacuumed the main area of the house.

Next I took all my "desk" items from a little plastic chest of drawers and made new homes for them in or on the little desk I have been using for my computer. I haven't decided what to use that chest for just yet, but I imagine it will soon be put into some sort of business. Then I hung the bulletin board we took out of Elizabeth's room (aka the guest room) above the desk.  I am not a big fan of bulletin boards as they tend to look sloppy most of the time, but I needed something there, and it needed a home. It was a mutually agreeable solution.


One thing about a small desk, there is no room for clutter! I didn't think I would like this very well, but so far I am rather happy with the arrangement. All the essentials are here, and when I weeded out the non-essentials everything fit just fine!

Other little clutter piles dispersed to new homes throughout the day as well, including piles on both tables in the dining room and a rather large mess in the garage...

Before:
and after...
I took the two chairs inside, one to the library and one to the living room, and hung the two white wood chairs on the ladder rack in the garage.  Most of the boxes are piled behind the garden bench, except the few that contain garage sale items.  Once Ornery puts the last Christmas tree in the attic and Elizabeth unpacks one more box into her closet, I will be able to park in the garage again! :)

While I was working out there, I had the laundry going-- including the sheets from our bed which is now remade. I unearthed a few things in Elizabeth's stuff that needed washing, so they went through the cycles as well. It is now all folded and stored in the cedar chest awaiting spots in her next abode.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful today so it was hard to want to stay indoors this afternoon. By the time I had finished all that work, all I wanted to do was sit anyway, so that is just what I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.