Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

No wonder it was cold...

About a week ago I noticed that my studio was always cold except when the sun had been shining in for a few hours, and that the air coming from the vent in there was as cold as the outdoor air.  Sometimes I had to quit working because my hands were too cold to do anything!

Thankfully we have a homeowner's warranty, so I called them this morning and they sent someone out to take a look.

"The good news is that I have found the problem and can fix it.  The bad news is that the vent has separated in that part of the house and you are losing about 40% of your heat through the attic . There is no telling how long it has been that way.  It appears the problem has occurred before and someone tried to fix it with duct tape, but it didn't hold."

I am pretty sure there had been a leak before, but it has only been in the last week or so that we have really had a problem with it. I imagine one of the recent really windy days or super cold nights caused the tape to give-way and come undone altogether.

Less than an hour and $60.00 later, the room is toasty warm again. So, now I am off to create some birthday cards--I have five birthdays on the calendar in the next two weeks and if I am going to send cards, I want them to be special...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.