Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend in Review: Recovery

After lounging around most of the morning and eating a few crackers and a ginger ale, Elizabeth felt good enough to get out of the house Friday.  She needed more yarn for shawls, so we went to JoAnn where we found Homespun on sale for $4.99 instead of the usual $6.49, so she stocked up.

Then we went to a resale shop over near Miller Manor and scored really big on some dressy clothes for her. She got two brand new pair of shoes--one full length black dress boots, the other tan colored mules--two pair of pants and three skirts. We had a store credit for items I had taken there this spring and only lacked $10.00 for having a full punch card that netted another $25.00. By the time the sale items were marked down and the two credits were given, she only had to pay $40.00 for all of it. Sweet!

We stopped by the scrapbook store in Broken Arrow on the way home where I found a few ribbons I thought I needed, a new color of glitter glue and a small card of brads. The store itself is much improved but the new owner will take some getting used to. By the time we got home Ornery was already there, having left early for the day since he is preparing for a trip this weekend.  We dined on pizza and spent the evening in idle pursuits--Ornery and Elizabeth on the computer and me rolling skeins of yarn into balls.

Saturday seemed to hold some promise, but after eating 1/2 of a bear claw at Panera, Elizabeth began feeling poorly again. We stopped by Lowe's on the way home to buy lumber for a larger loom (the new one Ornery built is good for average sizes, but above a 12-14 would be a little short) and then by Target to get some new puzzles.  I am a fiend for them right now!

After a nap, Elizabeth started on the next shawl, (black, white and gray) while Ornery experimented with his new pocket-hole jig and started on her new loom.  I worked puzzles--two whole and part of a third before bed at 10:00. We also emptied Elizabeth's closet, looked at each item and made piles--get rid of, iron, wash, keep, etc. then she did laundry (apparently so we can have MORE ironing to do!)

Sunday Elizabeth woke with new vigor and enthusiasm, feeling all better again, and even dressed in one of her new skirts. (I cannot recall the last occasion which warranted her wearing anything other than jeans or slacks, so I am a bit dumbfounded!) Ornery did his last minute preparations for the trip and drove Big Red to the airport to await his return. Since his flight home Tuesday arrives at the peak of rush hour, I am glad to not have to go pick him up.  The company pays for parking so we cut gas use in 1/2 and save me from being frazzled!

After he left we cranked up the stereo and Elizabeth ironed her clothes while I showered. We were on a mission to find some khaki colored dress pants and white or cream blouse(s). We went to the mall and found two shirts at JC Penney, and a pair of pants at Express. All items were on sale. We had lunch at Chipotle and spent the rest of the afternoon at home working a puzzle and reading.

It will be pretty quiet around here tomorrow. Elizabeth leaves for work at 5:20 AM, and Ornery usually comes home at 11:30 for lunch to sort of break up the day. I don't have any plans right now, but I am sure I will figure out a way to pass the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.