Friday afternoon Elizabeth and I went to the JCPenney Home Store to exchange some drapes I had purchased earlier in the month for the guest room. I had a little mishap in the parking lot and backed into another car. Fortunately no damage was done to either vehicle or occupant, so it was all good except for the elevated pulse rate!
Ornery's mom called in the early evening and asked what we were planning for his birthday, and we invited her over for pizza. He had a full day with balloons delivered to work, a big lunch of home-made chimichangas, guacamole and carrot cake, and pizza for dinner. Elizabeth also baked some cookies for him, and I think he felt plenty celebrated.
Saturday morning we drove over to Henryetta to pick up the last of Elizabeth's stuff. It didn't take long, but we were all worn out and took a nap after lunch. I was glad to have leftovers in the refrigerator! The rest of the day was spent in idle pursuits, finished off by some pleasure reading until bedtime. We did not stay up to welcome in the New Year.
Sunday was the designated day to paint the guest room. We emptied it all out, painted the walls and had everything moved back by dinner time. After dinner, we brought in some books and other items that Elizabeth had stored in the garage. We spent some time getting her settled into her room so it doesn't feel like she is just camping out.
This picture was taken while she was still unpacking, but you can see the color of the walls--very different from any other room in the house, but we like it. We need to get a new curtain rod to hang the white curtains we got Friday, and then the room will be pretty well finished.
While Ornery and I were painting her room, Elizabeth was working on her third shawl. I haven't gotten pictures of the others, but here is one of the current model...
In addition to all the painting and weaving, we did laundry and fixed meals, (including black-eyed peas and cornbread) moved furniture around to accommodate more of her things in various parts of the house and I made several cards for my etsy shop.
I was supposed to be having a give-away tomorrow at another blog, but I haven't ever gotten any information about it, so I guess it isn't going to happen. I would really like to wait a few weeks so I can get some new items in the shop.
Tomorrow is the last day of the "vacation." We have grocery shopping and other chores to finish up, including the shawl and photographing the things I have made for the shop. We are also planning to rearrange things in the garage to make room for the van--if possible. (I am not holding my breath on that one!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.