Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good way to start the new year...

After spending almost the entire day Monday grocery shopping (Whole Foods, Sam's Club, Target, Reasors) and taking care of a few other things (Big Red's oil change, exchange curtain rod at Lowe's, more yarn at Michael's) I crashed early!  Elizabeth and Ornery read until later, but I think my eyes saw the last of the day at around 7:00 PM.

I slept hard all night, and woke refreshed at 4:30 when Ornery got up for his coffee.  He left for work at 5:30, so I had a long day to take care of things at home. I thought I would be busy in the kitchen all day today, but instead I got everything done for our taxes. I had done most of the Miller Manor Designs calculations when I was in Florida, but I finished up everything I could today, including cleaning out all the old files and doing an inventory on my shop.  I collected receipts from all the various files for charitable contributions, royalty information and so forth, and then I finished matching up all the insurance EOB's with the appropriate receipts from the doctors.

Last year I was still scurrying around trying to figure mileage right at the last minute before our appointment with the tax man, but now the only thing I have to do is collect the 1099's and W2 when they come in. This is surely some sort of a record for me!

I still have a lot of cooking to do, but I think Wednesday is a good day to start on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.