Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekend in review: Good

Saturday we spent pretty much all day on etsy business. After Ornery took the pictures and I listed my merchandise I got a special order for a set of note cards, so I spent a couple hours making those, packaging up the things I listed, and in general trashing my studio. Elizabeth almost finished a fourth shawl--just lacked the fringe at bed-time. She also purchased, assembled and moved into a new little CD/DVD rack and unpacked the last of her boxes, spot cleaned the carpet and helped clean house.

Ornery got a few things crossed off his list, including the hanging of curtains in Elizabeth's room and installing a flag on our mailbox! One of the new tools he bought with Christmas money made the jobs very easy and now we don't have to wonder whether or not the mail will go out!

Sunday morning the three of us spent a long time talking about what we might like to accomplish this year. We discussed exercise, spiritual growth, job/business goals and relationships. It was an amazing couple of hours and it made me once more grateful for the awesome family I have.  One of the things we had slacked on was weekly sermons, so we committed to do those again and spend time discussing them afterwards.  We did that after our little planning session and breakfast.

I cut Ornery's hair--and trimmed the curl from my bangs that had sent me to a new hairstylist in the first place, then we fixed lunch together.  After that, I tied knots in the fringe of the shawl Elizabeth finished while we were showering, and she started another one. Ornery did some scrolling then ran to the grocery store for the few items we needed for the coming week. Elizabeth and I took a break from the shawls and spent about an hour and a half in the kitchen cooking. Vegetable soup, chimichangas, quiches, fajitas and stroganoff are ready for consumption over then next several days and all the foods that had reached the urgent stage in the fridge are now dealt with.

This week is another busy one. On Monday Elizabeth is taking the day off and we head to the courthouse to complete the process making her single again, then to Tulsa Community College for her to find out what she needs to finish her associates degree, and the post office to mail out the etsy order.  The rest of the week will be spent working on our goals, completing projects (shawls, boxes and journals) and getting Ornery ready for a quick trip to Florida. Since he will only be working one day, we decided it made much more sense for him to fly rather than spend 30 hours driving to work for 8. He will still end up traveling for two days, but at least they will be shorter days.

So ends the first week of 2012. And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.