My trip to the courthouse yesterday made me all the more sure I never want to fly again.
The entrances are all manned with uniformed police officers (like the TSA) and there is a metal detector and little belt with scanner to check bags and pocket contents. It has been quite a while since I went through one and had forgotten a few things about the experience.
My outer attire included MBT tennis shoes, black pants with pockets, camisole under a long sleeved tee shirt, one of Elizabeth's shawls, a necklace and my glasses. I was carrying a Fossil purse which I dutifully placed on the conveyor belt for them to scan, then I walked through the little doorway and all sorts of alarms rang.
First I thought my necklace was the culprit, but the officer asked me to raise my arms. "Oh, I have change in my pocket..." emptied that into a little box, started to walk back through the little screening doorway and she said, "No, don't go back through. Raise your arms." Then I realized I had my phone in the other pocket. Finally put that in the box and raised my arms. No more beeps.
As I got ready to pick up my purse the officer at the conveyor belt asked me if I had a hand-cuff key in my purse! He showed me the picture on the x-ray. I laughed because I thought he must be joking, then realized it was the decorative key on the outside of my purse that had fallen back inside.
Good grief, what a ditz! Elizabeth's belt set off the alarm but remarkably Ornery walked though without a hitch. I hope that is the last time I ever have to do all that again, but I was really glad there was no one else waiting on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.