At about 5:00 Wednesday evening the wind shifted and brought a chilly northern front down on us at Zoe Cottage. We got a dusting of snow which didn't stick on the roads or patio but the temperature stayed below freezing all day so it took a long time to dissipate. Would it be too much to ask for this to be the only freeing precipitation we get this year? I don't mind the rain, I don't even mind the cold much but I really don't like the two mixed!
Elizabeth woke up feeling poorly in the morning, so she stayed home from work. She has had a lot on her mind which has kept her from sleeping well, and we Miller girls need our sleep! Apparently that wasn't the only issue though as this morning she was still feeling poorly after a good night's sleep so ended up staying home again. She feels good enough to work on her shawl for a little bit, then I find her crashed somewhere--the recliner, the couch, the floor--so it is a good thing she didn't go to work.
I didn't accomplish much yesterday; made four Valentine's Day cards (which I didn't really like) and attempted to download some music to iTunes. Something caused the cpu to run at 100%, so a CD that would normally take a few minutes to load was taking an hour per song. Ornery helped me out by defragmenting the hard-drive and halting the apple process that was causing all the sluggishness and I ran spybot to clean out any of those little issues, so things are running much better now.
In other news, my sister Mimi had surgery Monday for a torn retina. Surgery was successful, but she will be face-down until Sunday while it does the initial healing. She will have many limitations for the first two months, and then the surgeon said he cannot guarantee either her vision or how long until it tears again. She won't be able to drive since her vision is so impaired--life is going to take a few twists and turns for her. I wish I lived closer so I could be there to help her out for a while, but neither of us is inclined to move anytime soon!
Happy Friday 13th. Hope it is filled with cool little joyous moments for you!
Thanks for news about Mimi! Give Elizabeth some hot tea and a hug from me, and keep making cards till you like some!
ReplyDelete