Friday night I finished the batch of cards I was making. I have photos of the last few cards on the design blog. While I was working on the cards, Ornery was at 507 mowing the lawn.
Saturday morning we went over to Lowe's to get some new light bulbs for the fluorescent light in the garage. While we were there, I picked up several plants to finish off my summer patio decor. Almost everything I got was 25-75% off, so that was pretty cool. We came back home and got everything planted and watered.
Ornery mowed the yard while I lined the new shelf unit he bought with some peel and stick tiles in the garage. Then I moved all the paint, drywall, tile and other supplies we would use on home repairs onto the shelves. That freed up another shelf unit and Ornery was able to completely clear off both work benches! It took most of the day to do all that, but wow, it looks so nice!
Sunday morning we went grocery shopping, then came home and made caramels, baked cookies, and tried out a new recipe. Ornery spent some time seasoning the new grill. The kids came over as well as their friend Jeff who had helped us so much on 507. We grilled some shish-ka-bobs and served it with the Mexican cornbread. The guys helped Ornery make some cuts on a full sheet of 3/4" plywood that we will be using to finish off the XLtwin bed we made back in March for CW to sleep on while he was here helping us.
Elizabeth washed all the dishes from all the various cooking messes, and now the kitchen is clean and ready for a new week. We had fun visiting with the kids. It was a really nice weekend!
It sounds PERFECT!! I'm so glad it was a good one!!
ReplyDeleteIt was the best one so far this year! :) Thanks for visiting!
Deletetm
Sounds productive! I used to like to clean the garage at my old house in WA. It amazed me how fast it got untidy.
ReplyDeleteWe just never got everything cleaned up from all the work we did on the rental property, and Ornery was getting a little stressed. When things are in disarray he has a hard time working out there, so I was happy to help him make it more user friendly. :)
Deletetm
Clean garage!? If you could only see ours you'd die!! It is horrible there's hardly space to walk. If I even mention it my husband gets all ornery :)
ReplyDelete