Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Slaving Away

We aren't eating out much these days and that means I am in the kitchen. A LOT. I keep thinking eventually I will get the freezer stocked back up, but I keep finding new things I want to try and I end up cooking every day anyway!

Yesterday I finally got the second batch of caramels made and wrapped, brisket fixed and all the ground beef measured, made into patties, etc.  I had other things planned but I had run out of cheese (horrors!) and my Bisquick had bugs in it. (bleh!)  Today is chicken day. I will cook up some of it to chop and use in recipes, and I am trying a new recipe for lemon glazed chicken breasts.

If I am not cooking, it seems like I am washing dishes, so I am still stuck in the kitchen! I am falling behind in a few other areas, so I will be really domestic today doing laundry AND cooking! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks to your chiropractor . . . I am SO Happy to know you are constantly improving . . .

    I'm thinking of you - as i prepare for story time . .
    love & love,
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggid. :) I am grateful to him as well. Wish I could join your story time.
      tm

      Delete
  2. Seems like cooking and washing dishes go hand in hand. Unfortunately you can't do one without the other.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been cooking and washing dishes constantly due to a rather strict lifestyle change that has been forced on my hubby for medical reasons. I won't let him set foot in there to fix himself a snack or meal, so I've been cooking more than I've ever done in my life. No dishwasher. And my kitchen sink is horribly clogged. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cooking so that doesn't bother me but dishes? Yuck. I try to leave a sink full of hot soapy water and wash dishes immediately after I finish with them.
    Glad to see your being a busy bee! Good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.