Have you ever had one of those days where no matter what you looked at you didn't like it, no matter what you touched it was messed up, and no matter what you said it was the wrong thing? Yesterday was like that for me. I should have just gone back to bed and stayed there because it was not a good day. I was switching things around on the walls and ended up making a big mess, and still didn't like the end result. That was one of many little issues I struggled with throughout the day. Fortunately, they were all little issues!
There were, however, several good things that happened to redeem the day. First, it appears we finally have a renter for 507. Hopefully we will sign the paperwork today or tomorrow and they will take possession on July 1. We are breathing a heavy sigh of relief on that front, for sure!
Next, I got my studio rearranged and cleared out some junk I wasn't using anymore, and made arrangements for a friend to come by to collect what she wants. I still need to clean out the closet where I have just been dumping packing materials and various other bits of flotsam I have collected, but hopefully that will be finished this morning.
Ornery cut the backing board for the puzzle I am using for the background of a shadow box and I got the puzzle glued onto it. Once the shadow box is done I will rearrange the "art" on one wall in my studio to accommodate it--I got the other big wall fixed up yesterday. I also discovered the location of the little shawls I wove on the tiny tri-loom Ornery built for me last year. I knew I hadn't thrown them away, and yesterday I found them so I can use one or two in my little shadow box.
The bedspread I ordered arrived last night and it will look great in the library on the XL twin bed. The colors couldn't have been more perfect. I love it when that happens, but it is sure a risk when you order online! I still don't know for sure if it will be way too big, but I figure folding and tucking works.
Elizabeth hung my little flags in the studio this morning, and that cheered me up considerably. They were in the little hallway outside the guest room/bathroom. I emptied those walls and ceiling and hung a single framed art piece on one wall. It looks sort of naked now, but Ornery assures me it will grow on me and eventually I won't miss the cluttered look I had in there.
A good night of sleeping combined with all the little victories of the day yesterday helped me feel happier today. I am not usually such a cranky pants, but boy howdy, yesterday it seems I pulled out all the stops and made up for all the sunny days I had been having!
Today, besides finishing up the studio closet and making homemade pizza for lunch, I hope to clean up the last of the mess in the hall from our library reorganization project. Geeves (our Rubbermaid work cart) is still sitting in the hall covered with stuff I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away, along with a pile of paper to recycle. I think Ornery might be planning to paint the bed tonight and we could possibly have it all set up by the weekend.
Once that is done, he needs to install our new RO water filter so we can take Culligan's equipment back to them. It will save us almost $100 to disconnect the old unit and take it back to them instead of having their technician come. I know he is not looking forward to messing with all that. Plumbing projects are NOT his forte!
((hug)) And people think there's nothing to the Mercury retrograde thing....I've been tracking it for years and there is definitely something to it. I hope you have a better day and a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what the cause, but my daughter had a very similar "really bad day" yesterday. Angry and irritable out of proportion to offenses. It wasn't fun! Fortunately it hasn't seemed to affect our guys! :)
Deletetm
The closest the spouse and I ever got to divorce started with a plumbing project. Now when he's working on plumbing, I go shopping!
ReplyDeleteOrnery's definition of hell is one plumbing project after another. He would do electrical repairs forever but contortions under sinks and murky water are his enemy!
DeleteDennis feels close to the same about plumbing tasks! We are praying to find plumbing help since we have both repair tasks and remodel jobs ahead that involve plumbing. I must say, though, that he recently successfully faced the (very) leaky kitchen faucet with replacement of everything, including the floor of the cupboard under the leak-- took two days!! We padded the work area as well as possible, which made it a little more bearable.
DeleteSounds like you have a lot of good and wonderful things in there to be grateful for, too. Consider yourself hugged.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. I love my blogging friends. :)
DeleteOkay, I'm afraid my eyes glazed over when I hit the homemade pizza part. I love homemade pizza. With all my tummy. Now I must make some too. Wishing you a much happier weekend!!!
ReplyDelete-andi
Lol! Yeah I like it too but I got busy and didn't leave enough time to make the dough. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes. Much better days ahead.
DeleteHello, Wonderful Friend!
ReplyDeleteI think you work awful hard.
You can't imagine how many fans you have here.
I have told people about your kindness - and shared your EXCELLENT Treats . . . I believe you can do anything. (When i read your posts - it sounds like to you EVERYTHING - all at once.) I hope you are being mindful to take good care - get rest - be happy.
Love & Love from your fan,
-g-
Oh, Georgy you are so sweet. I am glad you shared your treats and brightened people's day. You ate a treasure!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I have 4-5 Mondays in a row. It's hard to get your mind set to brighter things. Thankfully they make beer for when your all done screwing up the day! Hugs!
ReplyDelete