Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Couple of Pictures

 Nasturtium--before I kill it.  I have never been able to keep one alive for more than a few weeks. This one is already showing signs of distress!  I think it is too hot here.

 A rather washed out photo of some of the pots on my patio. Herbs and flowers.  I plan to add a few smaller bedding plants to the edges of some of the pots, but need to get back on my feet again before I shop for them.  Hopefully by the weekend.

 The Boston fern that I somehow managed not to kill over the winter.  It was touch and go there at the end when it went for a few weeks without any water, but all the rain seems to have revived it nicely.  Below the fern is a pot with two varieties of shamrocks.  They also wintered over, but really, I don't think you can kill those puppies.  They get leggy, you let them dry out for a few weeks, add water and PRESTO! Instant happiness!

The puzzle Mom and I (and Elizabeth and Michael) put together over the last two days. I am not going to work that again--I think I'll frame it and hang it in my studio.  Love the colors and the photo!

Okay.  Caught up now. :)  I am off to my studio to play for the first time since JANUARY!!  I hope I remember how!

7 comments:

  1. I'm super-good at killing plants. Just ask my plants. Never mind...they're dead. :) Puzzle-craziness! I don't have that kind of patience. Colors are awesome tho. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't grow and nurture a plant to save my life. I can grow mold and weeds. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Go play, eh? What a gorgeous patio you have! Again, how can I get you to Florida to fix up my house/yard--for free, that is? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pots on the patio. Looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. My plants are hanging on by a thread...it's either too much water, or not enough. I killed the first planting by fertalizing too much. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful patio, and your thumb is much greener than mine. We just planted some flowers in our boxes, and I always ask for low maintenance flowers that will last through the summer. Anything else doesn't stand a chance around me.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I even kill cacti so we are in good company. The puzzle looked like it was tough to do, especially the dark parts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.