Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend in Review: Grounded

Friday night Ornery and I spent four hours grocery shopping.  Not all of it was in the store, but between travel time, shopping and unloading, that was our overall time spent. I stayed up later than he did to put things away and get food going in the crock pot and some peas to soak overnight.

Saturday morning Elizabeth arrived at 8:00 to cook. We had prearranged for her and Michael to work together with us and fix several meals to freeze.  We had not set a time, but given past history, I assumed we wouldn't start until after 10:00.  We didn't start until then, but only because I really was moving slowly.

By 2:00 we had five recipes made, and either frozen or in the fridge, and my back was all done.  As in I couldn't stand up straight any more.  Then I couldn't stand at all.  It took several doses of Ibuprofen and rounds with the ice pack to move at all.  I am still not very mobile, but I thought I should check in. The desk chair aggravates my back when it isn't hurting, so this will be a short post.

We are still waiting for 507 to rent, so Ornery went over on Sunday and mowed the lawn.  Then he came back and used the weed eater on our yard, since he hadn't done that last time he mowed here.  The rain continues to fall intermittently but hopefully we will escape any more wild weather for a while.

I am not sure how long it will take my back to recuperate but it has sure squashed all my work plans. Hopefully I will be up rousin' rabble again pretty soon!


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your back is all messed up! :( Mine started to bug me when I was at my craft table but that's probably b/c I was hunched over for so long. I did something to my foot over the weekend so I've been limping around for days. Getting old sucks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi OW .. good luck with that back - hope it eases at least soon ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.