Well, the bed is up--at least temporarily. It really needs a platform--we are too old to be down so low to the ground! :) Anyway, now that the bed is up, there are a lot of boxes to get rid of. If I had little kids it would not be a problem. I would put them on the patio and give them a roll of tape, a big magic marker or two and let the imagination begin.
Since I don't have any little kids around, I put a note in "free stuff" on Craigslist in case anyone else thought they looked like as much fun as I do. I have already had someone inquire...for a two year old. :) Wish I could watch that fun taking place!
Last night Ornery spent a few hours weeding through his file cabinet and got rid of another pile of paper. That made room for some of the stuff he had piled on his desk. There is still a bit of clean up left, but progress is happening.
Tonight he plans to reassemble the sauna which is in parts all over the perimeter of the master bedroom. After that we will have to venture out into the heat to work on the painting projects--XL twin bed and my little head board are first up. Ornery actually has quite a list of things to do in the man cave, but it is hard to want to be out there when it is so hot out.
I looooved playing in cardboard boxes, even into my teens. My dad was a plumber and my uncle a TV sales and repairman, so they always had giant boxes that my cousin and I would take. We connected about 3-4 of them together in her basement and would do homework in them! Or read, or draw. lol
ReplyDeleteTalk about decluttering! Awesome. My kids have a propensity to destroy anything made of cardboard. (Or plastic, or glass for that matter.) With as many moves as we've been through, we typically have one to five boxes in use for toy boxes. (We have WAY too many toys.) They decided to head out to the garage and use our storage boxes as toy boxes, and because of it, I'm reorganizing (and cleaning) all my storage into 50 gallon tubs. (The demolish boxes are a sad sight in my recycling can. *sigh*) Ah, kids are wonderful, eh?
ReplyDeleteI just took a pickup load of cardboard to the recycle depot. Why does everything need so much packaging?
ReplyDeleteOooohhh....Sleep Number! I want a report. Pronto. :)
ReplyDeletecardboard boxes are the greatest thing ever,i have loads under my desk, i am keeping them in case i ever need them...for something..you never know
ReplyDeletenew bed! that is exciting, hope you sleep well