Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend in Review: Gardening

It was a really rough week for me: mostly I have been on ice and either sitting or reclining. I managed to prepare meals and with Ornery's help keep up with a few things around the house, but that was about it.  I was really glad we had done so much cooking last weekend (even though that was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.)

I finally broke down and went to my chiropractor on Friday, and have some relief, but have to go back again tomorrow for more adjustments.  More of my spine was out of alignment than was in, I think, but the worst and most painful was the pelvis.  At any rate, hopefully I am on the mend and can get on with life.  Apparently the original cause of all my pain was toxicity from paint, chemicals and pesticides at 507. My neck went out and caused all sorts of other problems.  Besides adjustments I am on some lymph detoxifying supplements.

Saturday morning Elizabeth and Michael went to the Farmer's Market near their house and brought me all sorts of goodies for my garden.  Four pepper plants, two tomatoes, a beautiful nasturtium, some herbs and a few other things of the edible variety.  They ended up spending most of the day with us, making a couple of runs to Lowe's to add to my container garden and helping to plant several new flowers and all the vegetables.  I will take photos tomorrow when there is sunshine, but I am very happy with what we have so far.

Ornery finally bought a new grill (our old one was 18 years old and falling apart) and spent most of the afternoon assembling it and we dined high on the hot-dogs for dinner. :)  We are planning to host Ornery's mom and Michael and Elizabeth for dinner tomorrow evening in honor of Mom's birthday. She is coming in the afternoon to work a puzzle with me, then we are grilling burgers and having brownie sundaes for dessert.

In addition to the outdoor chores, Ornery and I worked together at clearing out the huge dresser in our room as one of the first steps toward getting our new bed set up. He went through a lot of stuff and threw a little bit away.  We are accumulating quite a pile for charity, and another for giving to various family members. Life changes and with it our needs change, so it is nice to clear things out from time to time.

The weather was beautiful all weekend and we were so happy to spend much of it outside. We didn't accomplish nearly everything on my list of chores, but enough that we feel good about it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi OW .. hope your back can ease .. sounds like you are getting some sort of relief - and that you're still busy .. Have a lovely birthday time with your MIL .. and enjoy that new grill .. then yes I'd love to see the plantings .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening is good for the soul and decent exercise as well. Just remeber how to bend over correctly or you'll throw your back out just pulling a weed! Can't wait for the pics! Especially the Nasturtium. I heard they repel squash bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your back's been out! Your grill sure lasted a long time. I got one a year ago and it's already rusted through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your back. I have been down the road of back pain and it is not fun at all. Enjoy your new grill! I just figured out how to run the barbecue this year. Before I always waited for my husband to come home to do it. Talk about liberating! Hope you will be feeling better soon!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.