Friday night Ornery and I went to Jason's Deli for a salad bar dinner, then over to Whole Paycheck where we bought some groceries. We made a few menu plans and a grocery list over dinner. By the time we got home I was tired, so I went to bed. I woke up several times in the night with a splitting headache, which did not bode well for the next day.
Saturday morning I woke up at 6:00 or so and had my morning beverage--8 oz. apple juice, 1 T hydrated bentonite, 1 T liquid chlorophyll and 2 tsp. fiber chased by 8 oz. water-- while Ornery drank his coffee. He started out more peppy than I ever got all day. Elizabeth arrived at about 7:00. While Ornery went to his mom's house to do some homeowner projects she had been saving up, Elizabeth and I went to breakfast, then to do a little shopping. We found 5 pair of jeans at one store, so we didn't have to go anywhere else. Yay! She went home at about 1:00, and I took a two hour nap, although I didn't have any more energy upon arising than I did when I lay down! I didn't have a headache all day, though, so that was good.
I managed to drag my carcass into the kitchen to clean it up and fix dinner. After I ate, I felt noticeably more alert, so I coerced Ornery into my studio to plan out an art project. Neither of us have any experience with painting anything besides walls, so this was a foray into new territory. It is not surprising that Ornery and I both approached the project with completely opposite styles. He got all the drafting tools out and began drawing things on graph paper; I started with mixing acrylic paints and brushing it on the canvas. By the time we went to bed, I was well into my project and he was still making plans for his.
Sunday morning after I fixed breakfast, I finished another ornament and worked some more on my art project. Then I listed a few more ornaments on my etsy shop and decided to run a special throughout September offering free shipping on all orders over $25.00. We listened to the sermon online, then Ornery went out to the man cave to finish off the scrap bin box he started last weekend. He just lacks the painting of it as I type this.
We still have one more day "off" before he goes back to work and I finish that eBook. Meanwhile, I plan to do a little cooking and work some more on my art project. I still have the plate/frame project to complete, more ornaments to make and pictures to take to list them, and different ornaments to make for the exchange. I don't have any idea how much of that will get done before Monday, but they are all possibilities.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.