The skies are muddy gray today and cooler temperatures with rain is forecast for the next few days. Finally!
I am thinking about grabbing a blanket and riding my porch rocker for a while this morning. It is just the kind of lazy day that makes me want a cup of something hot and a companion to visit with while we listen to the rain fall on the roof and shiver with the delicious chill air blowing around us. Elizabeth and I used to sit on the porch swing in the rain, huddled beneath a blanket, laughing and talking until our sides and tonsils hurt. We solved all the problems of the world and dreamed ideas bigger than we could ever accomplish: the memories of those times are some of my favorite.
Other than laundry, I have no plans for today or tomorrow. In fact, I have nothing planned until Monday, when I will begin on the next editing project. I would like to get the ornaments for the exchange done by then, but I am not stressing over it. Mostly I am mostly just feeling fall-mellow and restful, sort of relieved the heat is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.