Last week when we were at Jason's deli preparing to shop for groceries, I had some pasta salad and decided to buy ingredients to make some. I haven't ever made anything like it before (that I can recall) and I didn't have a recipe, so today I experimented and came up with this.
In a large bowl, mix:
8 oz. twirly vegetable pasta, cooked al dente
1 can skipjack tuna, drained and flaked or one chicken breast cooked and finely chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
2 roasted red peppers (in a jar) chopped
1 small can sliced olives
Mix together and pour over salad ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used vegannaise)
2 T olive oil
1-2 T vinegar (I used Braggs Apple Cider, but others would work)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. Beau Monde Seasoning mix (celery salt, onion powder)
Refrigerate before serving so flavors can mingle and mix. Quite tasty and filling!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.