It was odd that at exactly 3:00 PM yesterday afternoon my blood seemed to start pumping again after several days of feeling lethargic. Glad to have some energy back, I started working on a project I had been putting off--the information packets for the cookie and ornament exchange. I used leftover invitation folders from Ryan and Ale's wedding and the whole thing is done in monochromatic brown. They are pretty cool looking, if I do say so myself. Even Ornery agreed, although he said they were a little boring for my typical style. He took them to the mail box for me today when he came home for lunch, so that is one chore marked off my to do list.
When I got up this morning, I discovered my son-in-law had sent me money via PayPal for an altered book/art journal he is commissioning me to do. He had mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I didn't know how serious he was about the project: apparently fairly so considering the size of the deposit. I spent time ruminating throughout the morning and came up with some pretty wild ideas, then sat at my craft table with a pad and pencil and drew up a list of elements I might want to include.
I decided on a theme and have quite a few snippets of ideas for how I will carry it through the book. I will use some of his deposit and haunt a used book store in town that has a bajillion books and all sorts of other cool stuff I might want to incorporate in my design. I have never done one of these before, but if the juices keep pumping out the ideas like they did today, it ought to be awesome!
Ornery filled the holes in the living room walls to get them ready for me to start painting last night, so after lunch I shoved the couch and recliners away from the walls and slapped some Olive Marinade on them. He did the brush work on both of them after work today. The couch wall is fine, the other one needs another coat tomorrow. Once that's done, I'll have him help me move the monstrous armoire and book cases. Our goal is to have that room finished before the weekend. Ornery says having me do the roller work makes the job much more tolerable--and it doesn't hurt on this project that we decided to wait on the ceiling until we decide on a color; the green throughout the whole main area of the house is enough without adding it to the ceiling. Sure wish I could decide on a color, but how do I decide when there are so MANY to choose from?!
Mickie had to postpone our crafting date again--so we are aiming for Saturday since none of the weekdays have panned out for us. Ornery says he will be in the shop that day. :) Elizabeth and Jeff are coming into town just for the day, so that is added incentive to get it done!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.