Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Purple!

Monday, I got an early start since Ornery left for work pretty early, and by 9:30 I had two coats of Raisin paint on the headboard wall of the guest room. I deliberated a long time about whether to continue on with that color, or if I should use the Homestead Resort Parlor Sage I had purchased to go with it on the other three walls.  I conferred with Ornery and he suggested I "paint just a little area next to the purple with the green to see if I liked it."  I am not imaginative enough to figure out whether or not I would like it based on that, so I went ahead and painted it green--at least most of it.

When Ornery came home for lunch, he helped me move the last part of the bed, and I spent the afternoon doing as much cut work as I could and the last of the rolling. He surprised me by finishing it off after work, and we even got the bed moved back in and set up before bed!  There is still a lot of decorating to be done in there, but the hard part is over!

Since I finished the painting yesterday, and I had an appointment with Dr. G early this morning, I ran a bunch of errands then called Ornery's mom to find out what she wanted to do about some light fixtures that I was unable to replace the globes for.  She ended up joining us for lunch, then after Ornery left to go back to work, we went to Lowe's and bought some replacement fixtures, and stopped by Cherry Berry for some frozen yogurt. Too bad that is so close, it was mighty tasty!!

Ornery has invited one of his co-workers over this evening to see his clock (and I am sure the man-cave!) so I have a bit of tidying up to do, but I would much rather take a nap! I worked myself to an overtired state yesterday trying to finish that room. Even Dr. G mentioned that my adrenals were taxed--that I might be working too hard!

It is hot again today, but I hear it is the last day for a while with a chance for some rain tomorrow with highs in the 80's.  It is just under 100 right now.  I am so ready for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.