Saturday morning, we went to Ornery's mom's house at about 8:30 to finish the chores she needed done. Ornery installed two bathroom light fixtures for her and re-hung her front room valance using the sconce he repaired last weekend. We brought home one of the lights he took down to replace the fixture in our guest bathroom. The current model is the design that was popular back in the seventies and looks like a Hollywood dressing room light bar. We will install it when we get around to painting in there.
In the afternoon, we worked on finishing the guest room and getting the living room ready to paint next week. First I made the guest bed with the new sheets, then Ornery took one of the floating shelves down from the living room to show me what it would look like next to the bed. The wall is so misshapen (bowed) that the shelf wouldn't work at all there. I was disappointed, but not too badly since I didn't really like the shelves in the first place. So he hung the bedside reading light and helped me switch out the direction of the frame hanger on an old poster frame so it would accommodate a new poster.
While he had his drill out, he took down the curtain rod and the mounting hardware for the shelves in the living room. We decided where to hang the mirror in the hall with the stud finder, then realized we needed to buy some heavy duty hooks and picture wire to make it work. It will be the first time since we have had that mirror that we didn't have to use molly-bolts to hang it. So we made a quick run to Lowe's--our first trip for the weekend!
We sat out on the rockers for a while in the evening, soaking up the beautiful fall weather and thinking about plans for the yard. I suppose once we get the inside finished, we will start working on the outside. Hopefully we enjoy a nice long autumn!
Sunday started really slow, and then tapered off! Ornery read, then helped me hang the mirror in the hall and baked some banana bread. I cleaned the kitchen, gave Ornery a hair cut and ironed the scarf for the guest room window. Yup, that's it! We did "go" to church in the afternoon, and if I have an energy boost later I plan to cook some more. It was really a day of rest for me.
Here are the pictures I took of the finished guest room:
Here is the window treatment. I really need someone with a good eye and more patience than I have to help fix that scarf, but it is up there now, and it serves the purpose I had intended it to--blocking the light on the sides of the window.
The green walls with purple pictures including an iris that Elizabeth did with markers when she was in high school and a tile that my sister Mimi painted for me of a tulip. Love that I was able to find a good home for them!
These metal ornaments were above the front door at Miller Manor, and I had them in the living room here for a while, but I really like the way they look on the purple wall. I turned on the lamp to show that it really works! :) Other than the closet, this room is ready for visitors!
This week I am going to start working on painting the living room. Ornery really appreciated only having to do the cut work in the guest room, and I liked getting it done quickly! I am also going to start on the next eBook and hopefully enjoy a craft day with Mickie. Hopefully this will be the last week of painting for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.