- house work and finish laundry
- paint frame for clock bowls
- rework Z in alcove by studio
- paint frame for greeting cards, frame three cards and hang
- paint alcove outside our room (until paint was gone)
Three of my favorite cards from my beloved. I had to cut the top one down a little bit to fit in the frame, but I put the sentiment and his note on the back so I could keep them together. Nothing was really lost. :) The bottom frame was the only one I didn't tamper with. The other two I painted.
Saturday's list completed:
- remove dead grape vine from tomato cage
- cut work in alcoves, and around entry hall windows (Ornery)
- wash front storm door and sidelight windows
- line frame for plates w/ velvet, cut wooden disks to glue plates down with, assemble
- start on ornaments for exchange
- second coat of spray paint on basket
- clean up painting messes
- sweep porches, put out flag (Patriot Day) and hang fall wreath on the front door
Here is the very sad grape vine. It died twice this summer, and is coming back again! However, this round, it is only coming up from the roots, not putting leaves back onto the vine. I don't know if it will be any good since this is a hybrid plant, but we'll see. I am actually watering it again. :)
This is after I wrestled it off the cage. I plan to use it on the pumpkin decoration that Ornery and I are making. It is cut from a landscape timber, and will look something like this. Instead of the wire, I'll use the vine, and my sign will say, "Joy-fall" There weren't instructions, just a teaser for a craft night, so we are having to make up our own design. The landscape timber was much cheaper than the bigger post, so ours won't look quite as cute, but I am sure they will look fine.
The alcoves are both green now! This one still lacks the ceiling paint, but we'll do it when we have the roller out in the living room in a couple of weeks. Now the question is what to put up on the walls in there. I am thinking maybe a mini-photo gallery of family pictures, but haven't decided for sure yet.
Sunday's List Completed:
- cook amaranth and store in fridge for the week
- make pasta salad (w/ leftover chicken instead of tuna)
- menu plans for the week
- paint around our bedroom window
- finish paint in kitchen (as far as the paint would go--still a little left behind the fridge, but no one can see it, so I am not worried.)
- clean out refrigerator
- finish clock plate display and hang next to back door in dining room
I was disappointed that some of the glue showed through the velvet and made it look white, but hopefully it isn't too noticeable and if it is, oh, well. Those plates are glued on there and won't come off without a fight! Maybe Mickie can give me an idea for fixing it... Anyway, the project began over two years ago when I bought the plates, and is finally finished!
The chores that we had already "done" are now "done-done" and we can move onto the next projects! Ornery is still sawing away on his bowls, and having a ball doing it. I am working on an order for Azure Standard and getting meals planned and ready for the week ahead. Later this evening we will "go" to church and possibly give Ornery a hair cut. The weekend passed awfully fast, but I am ready for the new week to begin.
In store for me this week:
- Dr. Gomez visit
- paint guest room
- finish ornaments for exchange
- prepare information packets for exchange guests
I think I will also see if I can't figure out something to hang in that alcove by our room. I have quite a stockpile of stuff in the guest closet to choose from, and if I can't find anything in there, I suppose I could recycle and/or make something!
I only have this week left before I start back on the editing project. I already have the next job, it is nine messages instead of ten like the last one. Hopefully I will get with the program and not wait until the end of the month to start!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.