We:
- changed incredibly dirty air conditioner filters and cleaned the grates
- vacuumed up the mess from filters and the floor of my studio--also incredibly dirty!
- got through about 3/4 of an earring holder we are making for Elizabeth for Christmas
- made Dutch oven stew on the most beautiful day of the year!!
- washed dishes (at least once)
- wrote four pen pal letters--only one left to answer!
- completed four swaps including a mouse trap memo clip
- ordered several Christmas gifts
- cleaned up my studio table
- closed out a Pampered Chef party
- painted two pieces of wrought iron yard art the former homeowner left behind
- hung the yard art on the fence outside my studio window
- cleaned up the Man Cave -- mostly. It was way worse than my studio!
- Ornery went for a bike ride
I added up my mail count since mid-July and I have sent out 205 pieces, with another ten to go out in the morning. Sadly I haven't heard back from any of the nieces and nephews about sending mail to their littles, so I guess that project is not going to happen. I read today that postage will be going up again in the new year, so I may be rethinking my birthday card program, too. I'll just have to see. It is a lot more fun to send to people who write you back!
The garden is looking tired--not dead really, just sparse. The peppers are still going strong, and when I put together the ingredients for the stew today, I used basil, marjoram and rosemary from the pots on the patio. Last August, I tossed a whole bunch of seeds into the new flower bed we built last summer, thinking I would just try to figure out what was growing if anything came up. A couple months ago a vine sprouted and put on loads of blooms. Eventually it fruited and it is apparently cantaloupe. There are two melons on the vines and loads of blossoms, but it isn't likely they will ripen before the end of the growing season. It was fun to wonder what it was, though. :)
Saturday it rained off and on all day, but Sunday was an amazing day, clear blue skies and light breeze. It was still in the upper 50's at noon, and I had the windows open until late in the afternoon when the AC kicked on. It was really a spectacular weekend all the way around.
WHEW!! I'm tired just reading that! But well done on getting so much accomplished!!
ReplyDeleteMan alive you got a lot done! Can we see pics of your yard art please?
ReplyDeleteWhat? Postage again?! We had a really lucky weekend in that we found out we have a high level of radon in our current home and that has to be fixed, and when I opened up the packages containing our new cabinet doors, I discovered they screwed them all up and bored the hinge holes on the wrong side. :/
ReplyDeleteI know how that routine goes! My peppers are awesome right now but I'm tired of gardening and cooking and canning etc... I'm gonna have to look up the local food bank!
ReplyDeletei love the mousetrap swap thingy!! you must be exhausted after all this.
ReplyDeleteUrgh they just increased postage here by 1 cent...sneaky.
You are so productive and get so much done!! I love times like that because it really makes a person feel good. ♥
ReplyDeleteYou are so productive and get so much done!! I love times like that because it really makes a person feel good. ♥
ReplyDelete