In the afternoon, she worked on a necklace--her first ever--while I worked on some paper crafts (see the design blog for more details). Here is her necklace so far--she has more to add, but I was pretty impressed for her first run.
Other weekend happenings;
![]() |
| The front |
- I finished off an Instagram swap for a tin, and decorated the envelope up... (pictured above)
- I made a card and decorated the envie for that for a swap on Swap Bot.
- We grilled some burgers for lunch, then I spent a lot of time procrastinating...I need to get in the kitchen and so some serious cooking. It's gonna happen next. I promise.
- Ornery drilled some holes in the backs of a few dominoes for me to affix some magnets into and I decorated one of the dominoes.
- Ornery took a little bike ride. He is not really in shape, so it was a very little ride.
- Ornery built me another Washi Tape rack. Happiness! It will be handy when the dozen or so new rolls arrive next week! Woot!
- I learned that if you use your tweezers to try to pry apart rare-earth magnets that the tips of the tweezers will get magnetized and you will have a hard time working with them because every metal thing goes wonky when it meets up with a magnet!
- While searching for pens (because I keep running them out of ink!!) I came across my little smiley stamp! I thought it was lost, but it has been gainfully employed on every bit of paper on my table. :D
- I also unearthed a handful of bright highlighter pens which will soon be creatively employed on some envies. :)
- I received a swap Saturday that was overwhelming in a dozen different ways. Unfortunately the whole thing reeked of cigarette smoke and I had to throw almost everything away. That was the first time it has happened to me.
Now, I'm off to the kitchen to cook up some farmer's market stuff. And maybe eat a peach. :)



Wow...I'm tired just reading all that! Your crafts are gorgeous. And your friend's necklace came out great too! My awl recently surfaced on my craft table and I was sooo happy. I thought I'd accidentally thrown it out b/c I couldn't find it anywhere. Isn't it great when that happens?
ReplyDeleteI'm with JoJo...I'm worn out!!! Do you ever take time to relax and do nothing? :)
ReplyDelete-andi
Says the woman who carries around bats of insulation up and down stairs and wrestles anacondas!! :D I take a nap almost every afternoon. ;)
Delete