Elizabeth worked from here most of the day on Friday, and she helped me whip out all the rest of the work that I had left to do before the big shindig, and that which was left, Ornery helped with during the afternoon which he took off from work. Ryan, Ale and the kids arrived around 4:30, the others trickled in thereafter. It was all over by 8:30 and because we had opted for a simple meal, clean-up was a snap. I never really counted how many were here, but somewhere around 20 people ate dinner. We had quite a bit leftover, and we have noshed on it all weekend. :)
I had a good time playing with the kids, especially Micah who interacted with me better this time than he ever has. We played trains together and he gave me a sweet hug before he left. We hardly got to talk to Ryan or Ale but hopefully they will come again when they aren't so rushed.
Incoming mail was heavy both Friday and Saturday, and by the time it was all said and done, I had 11 letters to write, two sets of ATC Jams to complete and send out, and three swaps to mail. It is almost 7:00 on Sunday evening, and I still have a few letters left to write but the rest of it has been completed and is ready to go in the morning.
 |
| We got a large format brochure in the mail from Fossil, and I used the pages to make a couple of envelopes. This is for a pen pal in San Diego, CA. I think we try to outdo each other with outrageous mailing! |
 |
| This is a portion of the mail going out Monday morning. I was busy, busy, busy! |
 |
| The new Washi Tape rack Ornery built for me. :) |
Ornery got the new Washi Tape rack built, and then he played around with some wooden boxes using a 1/2 blind joint. On Sunday he went over to 507 to fix the weather stripping on the front door and try to dig out some volunteer trees, but we haven't had rain in nearly a month, and the ground was incredibly hard. He ended up cutting them off just below the surface, but who knows whether or not they will come back.
Ornery and I had several really nice discussions over the weekend. I had some ah-ha moments, and while we are always very close, it felt like we connected on some deeper levels. It was nice.
This coming week is wide open--no commitments on the horizon, and nothing pressing to do. I have a long list of "I would like to do..." but nothing that is urgent or really necessary at this time. It should be a nice week. :)
Your mail is beautiful. Have the local postal workers admired the art going out and coming in for you? When you write the letters, do you type & print them or handwrite?
ReplyDeleteI hand write everything. I don't know about the postal people. Dave drops it off at work but he heard that the mail girl liked it.
Deletethe envelopes look great! so colourful, I really like it. Also the washi tape rack is a great idea, it looks good and it is useful.
ReplyDeleteI saw one almost identical to it on a site online for sale--$18.00. I always like it when we can make something instead of buying it!
DeleteHow do you DO all that?? 11 letters?? My handwriting would be completely illegible after the 2nd one...
ReplyDelete-andi
I didn't write all 11 letters in one day! :)
DeleteSo glad you and Micah enjoyed each other!
ReplyDeleteMe too! It was the best time I have ever had with him.
Delete