At any rate, Friday was a crazy day for the intrepid vacationers. They both had visits with the chiropractor at different times, and had scheduled to install the new hall closet doors at 507 in the afternoon. When they left for that little project, I settled in for a nap. They came in just as I was almost asleep, needing to pick up a few things I guess.
As I was dozing off the second time, the phone rang and Ornery was in a panic because the door kit was missing some pieces and the store where we had purchased it had closed early for inventory. They were standing outside the store at the time he called, and Elizabeth managed to flag down an employee who righted the wrong and sent them on their way. So she called me to tell me the good news--I gave up on the nap. :-/ I had been struggling for a couple of days with some sinus related issues--just little niggling things like a morning headache and a bit more pressure in my ears than usual--but it turned into some uncomfortable vertigo late in the day, so I was happy to turn in early.
Because of all the running around on Friday, there was no chance to pick up mail from the box, but Saturday netted a goodly haul with a 14 page letter from one pen pal, and several other nice little bits of mail. I have never had a 14 page letter before!! The mail at home also delivered some delightful items including several items I ordered from Etsy and a letter from BOTH sisters!
I am sure I take them for granted entirely too often, but I must state here for the record, I am blessed beyond comprehension to have landed in the family with these two wonderful women. They are open and loving, generous with praise and encouragement and just simply wondrous!! Another of the amazing benefits I have reaped since I started pen-pal writing is that by consistently writing to my sisters, I am getting to know them better than I ever did before. We haven't lived in the same town since I graduated from high school and moved to Tulsa for college, but for a little while they both lived in Springfield, MO and we would often all get together for various holidays or to work on some project together. That was over 20 years ago, though so I am extra grateful for the letters now.
Saturday I woke up still feeling off kilter, but did a few home remedies and had a shower which seemed to clear things up mostly. The weather was deliciously cool in the morning, and I opened up my studio window to let in the cool air. It was only 61 degrees! Ah, I love fall! After lunch, Ornery, Elizabeth and Michael all loaded into Big Red and headed for the lake with Ornery's sister and a rack full of kayaks.They had a wonderful time on the lake leisurely paddling around and enjoying the day. They didn't get home until after 9:00.
While they were gone I worked on my pile of mail and preparing swaps to send out. I may have also napped off and on...
Sunday was a very quiet day. Ornery was tired and a tiny bit sore, but mostly just very relaxed. He read, we visited and for the most part just enjoyed a quiet day. Obviously I didn't ever get back on the computer to finish this post, so here it is Monday afternoon and I am trying to remember all the rest of the things we did.
Here are a couple photos from the last few days.
![]() |
| The little crate ornament in the works on Ornery's bench |
![]() |
| some of the outgoing mail (before stamps) |
![]() |
| The little wood workers hard at it... |
![]() |
| A Post Card I made for a swap. It looks like I spilled something on there, no? It is supposed to look that way. :) |
![]() |
| Second batch of mail that went out this morning. |





Not getting all the parts in a kit seems to be happening more and more frequently. It's so frustrating! Loving the mail, as usual!
ReplyDeleteI'm behind on my blog reading. Sorry you didn't get your nap! I'm under the weather today and didn't go to work. I think I might take a nap with my dog today. All your cards are so lovely!!
ReplyDelete-andi