It was decided early in the week that the kids could each open one present on Saturday before Christmas in lieu of the traditional one gift on Christmas Eve. Michael opened his gift from Elizabeth (with a little bit of help from us) of a Hot Air Rework Station that he had been talking about getting for many months. I don't really know all the ins and outs of the purpose or use of this item, but he was a happy little kid taking out all the parts and examining them. It has something to do with soldering and electronics, but beyond that I am clueless! Elizabeth opened some adorable prints Michael bought for her on their honeymoon. Ornery opened a beautiful hand crafted wooden clipboard from Michael and Elizabeth--also purchased in Eureka Springs at one of the galleries while they were on their wedding trip.
I had already opened (and used several times!) my Dremel tool, so I opted to save all the rest of my few presents for Christmas morning. My main gift was the bar stools we ordered, so I don't have a lot of stuff under the tree. I know I am really difficult to buy for since we usually get things as we want them instead of saving them up for special occasions!
Ornery and I were up at our usual early hour, had coffee and pop-tarts for breakfast and were out in the garage working by 7:00 We had both power sanders going, the vacuum and from time to time other loud machinery (nail gun, table saw and router). Hopefully the neighbors couldn't hear all our noise making, because we really did start terribly early! The kids came at about 10:00 to open their gifts, then stayed to have pizza with us for lunch. We both worked in the garage on the M&M chairs until about 5:00 PM when we stopped for the night. I went to bed really early.
Sunday we did nothing all day. Really. Nothing. It was really nice, although I probably should have done a few things to get ready for Christmas dinner and the family reunion... Oh, well!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.