Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend in Review: Full Days

Saturday:
We woke up pretty early considering that we didn't need to be anywhere.  After coffee, breakfast and showers we started in on a pretty impressive list of projects.  First I wrapped the last of the presents we have ready so far, then I set up a new playlist on my iPod for a new sermon series I just bought and synced my iPod so we could listen to some of the messages while we worked.

Ornery tackled the bathroom floor and got all but one little strip right by the door put down.  While he did that, I worked on making more thank you cards.  I ended up giving all those I had made from before and the new ones I made last week to Elizabeth, so I decided to make a few for my stash.  One never knows when they might get a surprise in the mail!  Once I had those done, I cleaned up my table to get ready for the next project.

I finished the last card just as Ornery walked in with some lunch. While we were finishing our meal Elizabeth and Michael dropped by to pick up mail and a few other little things. After a short nap, we went out to the garage for Ornery to cut out a dozen yardstick airplanes for a special order while I applied finish to a set of baskets that had been sitting on my shelf for several months awaiting my attention.  While we were out enjoying the lovely day (75 degrees!) I painted the mirror frame for the bathroom and Ornery went for a very short bike ride.

Ornery fixed up my wreath on the front door and attached a timer to the power cord so it will automatically come on at 5:00 and go off at 10:30.  Such a luxury, and I will really enjoy it if the weather turns cold again!  We have really been enjoying our tree lights, but since we didn't put the tree in the library right in front of the window, there was no outward appearance of decor at all.  The wreath, while it is not a LOT of decoration, will at least show we aren't bah-humbugs!  Unfortunately, once it got dark, it became obvious that the ground fault interrupt switch on one of the outside outlets had been tripped, so it still didn't come on!

We finished off the evening with Ornery reading an ebook and me in the studio gluing airplanes and chatting with Ryan on the phone. It was a pretty full day!

Sunday:
Another beautiful day, but we didn't get to spend much of it outside.  We went grocery shopping and to Lowe's to look into a kitchen island/cart, but didn't find what we were looking for.  After we came home Ornery worked in the bathroom hanging the mirror frame, finishing the flooring, changing out the shower head and assorted other chores.

Here is the mirror frame and a shot of the whole floor.



We also signed the Christmas cards for his co-workers so he can deliver them Monday when he goes to work.

I finished all 12 yardstick airplanes (although a few would be hard pressed to fly in a straight line... just sayin') then made tags to go with them and put that all together.  Here is a photo of the box filled with planes.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good shot of the tag, but they are pretty cute if I do say so myself!


So, much of the list we started out with got crossed off, but certainly not all.  This week I hope to see the end of the bathroom project, but I am not holding my breath.  It is hard to muster the energy in the evening to work on a project like that when you are tired from working all day.  If it happens great, but if not, I am okay with that, too.  I will be cooking Monday, then working on the sewing projects I still have strewn around the dining room the rest of the week.  It feels good to have so many projects finished already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.