Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Recap

It was the sweetest Christmas I can remember having in a really long time!
Elizabeth and Michael opening stocking gifts.

Santa-Liz

Handing Ornery one of his gifts.  It was an adorable helicopter made from  assorted metal parts--chain, spark plugs, etc.

Ornery's Mom modeling her new shawl from Elizabeth.
Ornery worked quite a bit on the M&M chairs, and by the end of Wednesday evening had them to this stage.  We both agreed that they are his best work so far, and I think the grands will love them.
Needing just a few finishing touches with the paint, then top coat and wax. 
Today we are off to pick up chairs from Mom's house then to take them to Janese's house for the reunion.  Both Janese and Monty had surgery a week or so before Christmas, so they are in a bit of a bind for not being able to lift anything.  We will help them with a few things today and then it is cook, cook, bake, cook to get ready for the weekend!

I am making two kinds of soup and a dessert, plus baking two loaves of frozen bread dough for sandwiches for the meal on Saturday.  I am making all the food for breakfast on Sunday.  Two quiches, a breakfast casserole, three kinds of quick bread, hash brown casserole, sausage balls, and a fruit plate.  We will also serve orange juice, hot chocolate, hot tea and coffee.

I also need to clean house to be ready for the company.  I have one tree down and put away, and the other just has lights on it. I have the last load of laundry in the washer, and the kitchen is fairly clean, so I am in a good position to start the big production.  I keep asking myself how I got myself into this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.