Ornery and I had a very pleasant weekend. We had breakfast (thanks to our son and daughter-in-law) at Panera, went to Lowe's and got lumber to remake M & M's chairs with a better design and some frills, and to a game store to buy some bar stools for our dining room. I also got a shorter stool to use while cooking as my back bothers me long before my tasks are done. I am actually most excited about this one! The new bar stools will have metal backs and pretty cool striped seats on them. There is a coffee cup cut out on the back.
Sunday we left early and hit Whole Foods then Reasor's for groceries. When we left the store at Whole Foods, we found this pick-up parked behind us with Santa Dog in the driver's seat. He was so cute!!
Otherwise, we have done a bit of fun stuff--Ornery started on the chairs, played around with his Dovetail jig and made a big mess in the garage. He also cut out some tiny houses for me to use for magnets. I cut paper out in the shape of each one and painted with my twinks, then winnowed out the 1/2 inch hole he drilled to accommodate the rare earth magnets I ordered from Amazon. After I painted the design and added some embellishments, I sealed each one with a heavy coat of clear sealer, giving it a plastic look and helping to make it last longer. I still need to glue the whole assembly together, but I am pleased so far.
I also made another etsy sale last week and got that order into the mail along with letters and maps for those who have RSVP'd to our upcoming Miller (Ornery's dad's family) reunion. We have about 30 people coming, and we will host breakfast here at Zoe Cottage on the 30th, which is Ornery's birthday!
I have just about all the Christmas presents wrapped, stocking stuffers included, and our tree skirt is happily populated with brightly colored wrap. We didn't put ribbon or bows on any of the packages, and just small tags with the "to" on them. Elizabeth and Michael are quite anxious to open gifts--not that I haven't whined a bit myself about how slow time is going by until the day! I am the biggest kid of all the family, but somehow I have managed to keep from succumbing to the pressure to open everything early. I am looking forward to Christmas Day with a keen anticipation, though. :)
We only have 9 days to wait, and I still have things I could be doing for gifts if I got real ambitious. This week will hopefully be productive, but I am not worried about it one way or the other. Life seems to be quite good for us at the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.