Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

'Twas a week before Christmas

Christmas is just one week away and the last of the gifts I had ordered arrived in the mail yesterday.  I have everything made, bought and wrapped--at least all I had planned on making.  I actually made more things than I had originally planned, including a calendar for Ornery's mom and a set of magnets for Elizabeth.  In all, there are more handmade items beneath this year's tree than any I can recall in the past.

Since Ornery is off from the 22nd through January 2, 2013, he has been pretty intense at work trying to get things done before his time off.  He is a little stressed, and when he gets that way, his ornery side comes out a lot more.

His latest bit of mischief is the daily mail delivery.  Our mail usually arrives just before he comes home from work each day, so he has gotten into the habit of picking it up from the box as soon as he gets home.  A couple of weeks ago I told him jokingly I wanted him to bring me Christmas cards with the mail every day.  Of course, he has no control over whether or not people send cards, but he knew how much I wanted to see them.

The first day the only cards were from his work and not with the mail, but every day thereafter he has hidden the cards inside his coat until after I have read all the junk, bills or other mail that comes.  He has gotten pretty sneaky about it!  We have had a lot of laughs over it, though, and that always helps dispel his stress a bit.

This morning I finally got the last (I hope) of the fall leaves swept up from the back porch.  Things look pretty barren now, and all the grass has turned brown finally.  We have had a fairly warm fall which has been very pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.