Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Finally some photos!

Sunday night I got an email telling me I had made a sale on my Etsy shop.  The little address book I made finally sold, and I don't really know why it took so long, other than I don't get a lot of traffic in my shop.  Miller Manor Designs on Etsy will celebrate 5 years on January 1, 2013, and in all that time I have made 60 sales, averaging 1 sale per month.  Some months I sell more, and there were several months the shop sat empty, but it is fun, whether or not I sell a lot.  In fact, maybe more so since I don't!

I finally got the guest bathroom all cleaned up and put back together. It really does need white towels, but here it is for now...
The new floor...

The second shot is looking from the shower/toilet area toward the hallway.  I really like the color and how the white trim around the mirror is so clean looking.

I have wanted to make a shadow box with some of our beach photos and things we picked up along the way for a long time, but I finally got it all together this weekend and finished it up.  Not only that, I got it hung in the now-empty guest room turned spa room.
The sauna is on the left edge of the photo between the wall and the closet door.
 The bathroom and the guest room are actually both painted the same color, but the lighting makes them look a little different.  The pictures are not Ornery-quality, but at least there is evidence that we really did accomplish the task!


After I finished rearranging pictures in the spa room and setting up the bathroom Monday morning, I made a few more Christmas cards, then I resurrected an old cookbook I had made in a class several years ago, updated it a bit and put it together for a Christmas gift.  I even got it wrapped and under the tree!  Next, since I was on a roll in the studio, I took down my license plate and added a little "TaDa" to it.

It rocks with the flowers and other doo-dads I added to it.  I need to rearrange a few things on the walls in the studio, but for now, this is next to my table.  It is so cheery!

Today I am playing around with my twinks designing some refrigerator magnets.  I ordered some stout magnets on Amazon, but I wanted to decorate them.  I am going to have Ornery cut some circles from Masonite and I will glue the paper to that and put a heavy coat of epoxy or other clear finish over the painted papers to give them strength and durability.  I hope it works out like I envision; one never knows until they try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.