Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Life is ... complicated

Not my image:  photo from here

We are in the midst of dealing with some overwhelming challenges within the family:  Mental illness, jail, painful memories, dysfunctional family dynamics, aging, a lawsuit, financial concerns and more.

There have been some good things to come from the various complications, but I sort of miss the days when I buried my head in the sand and didn't have to confront the challenges on a daily basis.  I feel like I am on the very edge of a powerful whirlpool, and some days the fight to not get submerged into oblivion is overwhelming.  I am glad to have God's grace (power and ability) to see His will and walk in it each day.

Since I strive to always post positive things here on my blog, I have been fairly quiet since the negatives seem more prevalent of late.  Writing usually helps me see things in a different light, but since all these issues we are facing as a family relate to other people, I don't feel comfortable sharing them in such a public forum.

Meanwhile, if our family comes to mind, please remember us as you pray.  We need wisdom more than anything, followed by healing and restoration, and peace that we might hear the Holy Spirit clearly and walk in His guidance.  The rapture would be okay, too. :)

3 comments:

  1. Your family is definitely in my prayers. I am grateful beyond words that we are loved by an extraordinary God who is for us, even in the dark, cold, swirling times. Prayers for wisdom, healing, restoration, and peace are yours. Many hugs, and thanks for the gorgeous birthday card =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathie! We really appreciate your prayers.

      I am glad you liked the card. It was my first with watercolors.
      tm

      Delete
  2. The textures and colors and detail are lovely! I am saving it, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.